Our Travels

June 23, 2010

2 month check up

I took the boys to Van's two month check up yesterday. I figured the Dr. was going to tell me he was too big since that's what she told my neighbor, so I was prepared. Well, prepared to ignore it anyways. The Dr. said that Van looked at least 3 months old, was the length of a 3 month old but weighed as much as a 5 month old!

Yes, Van is a big boy! He is 24 1/2 inches long and 16.8 pounds. She suggested that I'm not reading his hunger cues right... hmmm crying and sucking on everything in sight... and also that maybe I should try offering him water instead of milk. Van is a boob man, he likes his milk. Maybe I have high fat milk or maybe his body doesn't waste any?? Either way, I'm not going to deprive him or feed him water. My arms and back definitely feel his weight but I'm not worried, he'll lose his baby weight eventually but in the meantime my arms will get toned.

I guess I just grow chubby babies!

This is Keenan at around 2 months, a few pounds lighter than Van but still sporting some chubs...especially depending on his pose.

and Van at two months

2 comments:

Laura Olson said...

I can't believe a doctor would recommend giving a 2-month-old water! Keep going with your gut. He's just a hungry little guy, and the chubs are the cutest!

mom said...

All of my babies were chubby. I love all the rolls and checks. Love, Louise