Our Travels

July 6, 2008

1st Birthday Party!

We celebrated Keenan's first birthday today (one day early). I can't believe how the year has flown by and how everything has changed. Last year at this time we were still in Colorado getting ready to pack up our things. Mostly on this day a year ago I was wanting to get Keenan out of my belly!

I was sad that we couldn't celebrate with any family but we did invite a few friends over. While I was trying to decorate the cake I was wishing Gramma Pat was near. Her cakes always turn out so nice. I hadn't ever really tried my hand out with decorating. I kept it simple, nothing too exciting but it did make me want to take a cake decorating class.
We filled Keenan's crib with balloons then stuck him in it. He thought that was pretty cool.

Keenan was a bit grumpy when the guest first started to arrive. He only took a super short cat nap this afternoon and he needed much much more! Ever since he got sick with an ear and sinus infection last Tuesday he has been fighting his naps. Grrrr... I don't get nearly as much done around the house... or my blog for that matter with only one nap.

We got him a sit and spin Zebra which was a hit. Both him and Jack loved it! Keenan wasn't too interested in the opening of the gifts just yet. He did have fun playing with the gifts once they were open.
We received in the mail what we are assuming is a gift to Keenan but we don't know who it is from. There wasn't a name on the invoice. It's stackable measuring cups. He seems to like them, so thank you to whomever sent them.
By the time it was time for cake, the little guy was pretty tuckered out. He usually dives right into his food but this time he gingerly touched the frosting and decided that was good enough.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Happy Birthday Keenan!! I wish I was there to hold you. He looks older with a haircut.

Corinne said...

Happy b-day! We all wish we were there to celebrate with ya! With any luck, you will have a little cousin born tomorrow and you two can have joint birthday bashes! Of course this probably wouldn't be any fun for the little guys. It probably wont happen anyways...just wishful thinking on my part!

Laura Olson said...

Awww. Happy Birthday, Keenan! Looks like a fun celebration.

Jami said...

Happy Birthday from Aunty! Give a big ole kiss from me!

Corinne said...

Ps. Good job on the cake!

Kristen said...

Wow, those cups arrived fast! I wasn't sure if you'd get them in time. Sorry about the anonymity, but I was sure I'd get you an email earlier. So much for my wishful thinking. Looks like Keenan had a great day! Tell him happy birthday from the Gerstners!!!! (P.S. The cake was great.)