Our Travels

April 29, 2010

Van Christopher, the first few hours

I don't think I got any sleep the night before the big day. I was nervous, uncomfortable and just wanted Eric to be here. Since he wasn't able to be here my mom gladly filled in his spot and accompanied me into the OR for the birth. While we were in the OR Eric was flying over the Atlantic, he was able to get on a flight two days early but still ended up being about 15 hours too late for the birth.

Getting checked in.
My sister-in-law, Corrine, was one of my nurses.

At 8:15 am on April 20th Van Christopher was born weighing in at 8 lbs 13 oz and 22 inches long! Needless to say my Dr was very surprised at his size, she was pretty sure that he was going to be a bit smaller I guess because I was all belly and didn't gain too much weight. Even though I was numb from belly on down it was instant relief to have him out, I could finally take a big deep breath without a foot shoved up in my ribs!


getting to say "hi" to my new little man.

Gramma Debbie and Van
Finally all stitched up and back in my room recovering and loving on Van.

First bath
All clean and snuggly.
Around 3pm Eric landed in D.C. so I quickly uploaded a few pictures for him on facebook.

Van, like his older brother Keenan, came into the world STARVING which thankfully made breastfeeding easy on both of us.

No comments: