Our Travels

August 30, 2010

Colin Powell comes to Ljubljana

Eric went on an overnight hiking trip and took the car so I had to call a cab and try to get myself and the boys out of the house and down to the Ambassador's house by 8am.  Not to early but I'm pretty sure Van was up several times last night leaving me with almost no sleep.  I usually don't sleep very well when Eric is gone and last night was no exception.  I had finally fallen asleep with I heard a very loud crash inside the house.  I quickly got up and checked on the boys before slowing peering downstairs with my heart pounding in my chest, what can I say I'm a wimp.  A glass managed to fall off the drying rack... guess I didn't have it on there very good.  Grrrr... now I have to clean up shattered glass.

Anyhow we made it on time.  Colin Powell gave a nice quick speech, Van was asleep in my arms, and Keenan was well, being a 3 year old boy who couldn't sit still or stay quiet.

Keenan next to podium






Van meets Colin Powell
Just missing Eric




These are the only pictures I was able to get on my camera so I'm hoping the official photographer got some good ones too.

Now Van has a picture for his wall, he still has some catching up to do with Keenan... a President and a Vice President but it's a start!

2 comments:

Laura Olson said...

Wow - the photo album these two are going to have!

mom said...

Wow Van has great cheeks. They are so lucky to get to see all of these men. They will have alot to show when they are older. Love, Louise