Our Travels

November 29, 2011

Last few days and a flashback

I've spent the last few days packing our bags and organizing the rest of stuff into piles; airfreight (stuff that gets to us quickly), HHE (the rest of our stuff that could take a few months)... I don't think I can add one single thing to our bags, I packed them as full as they will go and as heavy as the airlines will allow.  I think I finally feel calm about all of that.  Now I'm trying to say my good-byes to friends and neighbors.  Keenan will have his going away party and his last day of school tomorrow.

I called the airline yesterday to request child menu's for the boys and make sure our seats are TOGETHER as so many times they have split us up even though our online reservations said otherwise.  The guy assured me that they always try to have families together.  I asked if there was a way to flag the boys as little children so that their seats can not be moved... the guy must have rolled his eyes then moved the seating around just to mess with me anyways.  I checked a few hours later and online and noticed that our seats that were together were now in fact NOT!  Nice...  Thankfully I was able to move them around myself so hopefully our seats remain together.

I've been trying to use up my change at the stores which means I'm spending a ridiculous amount of time counting out the smallest denominations of coins.  That's right I'm trying to use up all the 1, 2, 5, 10 and 20 cent pieces as possible.  Today as I was counting out 3 euros worth of change I had a flash back to college when I used to take care of Phebe.  She had a huge red coin purse and insisted on me using exact change and as much of the coins as possible where ever we went.  I'm always amazed at what reminds me of her... often just the little things sometimes just saying Keenan's name.

No comments: