Our Travels

November 8, 2011

Nurture v/s nature

I listen to a lot of old country music, today's country music, some pop, r & b, ect ect all fairly mellow or with a fun dance beat.  I have the music on quite a bit and one might think that since the boys are with me mostly that they might like my music.  WRONG!!

Keenan loves listening and watching the music videos on youtube.com for quite a while his three favorite songs in order were: 1. I love rock and roll by Joan Jett (not the Brittney Spears version) 2. Only girl in the world by Rhianna... this one was actually kind of funny since he would sing it as " you make me feel like I'm the only one in the world".  3.  Whip my hair by Willow Smith not sure where he got that one.   I like Joan Jett and I like Rhianna so this list was ok... something you might expect but then he hung out with his dad for a few minutes...

Now Keenan goes around singing  " I am smellin' like a rose that somebody gave me.......'cause I'm dead and bloated. dunt duh!" by Stone Temple Pilots and is also requesting Metallica.

Whenever we're in the car if I like a song Keenan says he doesn't like it, if I say I don't like a song (because I just don't feel like listening to Beastie Boys) Keenan says it's his favorite!  I thought I would have a few years before we fought over music... I guess I was wrong!


No comments: