Our Travels

October 15, 2013

Flag football; GO BEARS!

People in northern Virginia take their sports very seriously.  If there's a sport out there, there's a league for your child starting at age 3.  As a parent it makes me feel pressured to get the boys into sports ASAP so they're not behind their peers but then there's the other part of me that screams "this is insane!"  I was talking to the coach's wife about all this and I kid you not, she told me that if I don't get the boys onto traveling teams by the time they're 9 or 10 we might as well kiss varsity in high school goodbye!!  I grew up playing sports, although I didn't start until 5th grade,  I do think they're important and hold a purpose but doesn't this seem extreme?  At 6 years old I just want Keenan to learn to game and have fun.  










No comments: