Our Travels

September 30, 2010

Marshmallow roast

I've been getting a kick out of feeding the neighborhood kids cookies and foods they are unfamiliar with... wheat thins, oreos, nutter butters, graham crackers...  It came to Eric and I's attention that not only had our neighbors not heard of S'mores but they'd never even had marshmallows!  Oh the tragedy!

We had a bag of marshmallows leftover from camping so we planned a s'mores party.  The kids were all so interested in what we were doing and in the marshmallows, which they of course loved.  My mom and I manned (guarded) the table with the marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers while Eric and my dad helped out with the roasting.  We were pretty busy trying to keep up with the kid's demands for more so we didn't get many pictures but the overall consensus was that the s'mores were a hit.  We ran out of supplies fairly quickly.
our "campfire"

some of the commotion

No comments: